The O'Franken Factor Stupid and Misleading Quote Contest
Vote early, and vote often!
Together with Al Franken and Air America Radio, MoveOn.org is holding a contest this week to find the most stupid or most clearly false – or ideally both – comment by a Bush administration official or major right-wing figure....
If you win, your quote will be featured on the O'Franken Factor radio show, and you'll be recognized by name. We'll also send you a signed and personalized copy of Al Franken's book, "Lies and the Lying Liars that Tell Them."
- Submit a complete quote – no taking words or phrases out of context or cutting off the end to make it look better. The quote should be totally accurate.
- The quote should be from a major Bush administration figure or major right-wing commentator or TV or radio host.
- The quote has to occur on or after April 2nd, 2004.
- The deadline for submissions is April 9th, 2004.
- The quote should stand on its own as clearly stupid or misleading or both. No explanation required.
- The quote should run no longer than 15 seconds, or about 100 words.
- If more than one person submits the same quote, the person who submitted that quote first wins.
- Enter as many times as you like.
Justice (Civil Liberties, so-called Intellectual Property, Privacy & Secrecy); Politics & Government (International, National, State, Local); Humor (Irony & the Funny or Unusual); Science & Technology (Astronomy, Computers, the Internet, e-Voting, Crypto, Physics & Space); Communication (Books, Film, Media, Music & the English Language); Economics (Corporatism & Consumerism); and Items of Purely Personal Note (including Genealogy, Photography, Religion & Spirituality).