World income distribution, 1970-2000
Another interesting site.
- The history of India's income distribution is the closest to a microcosm of the world's.
- China's income distribution broadens more than any other.
- What happened in Indonesia during 1996-2000? Income goes down significantly.
- Watching Japan and the USA simultaneously shows the former slowly catching up with the latter in per capita income.
- Starting about 1983, Nigeria's median income starts trending down and income distribution becomes bi-modal, with a big gap between the higher mode and everyone else.
- Although one button is labeled USSR-FSU, it appears to be USSR only, disappearing in 1990 following the break-up of the Soviet Union.
- The USA accounts for virtually all the upper end tip of high income for the whole 30 years.
[also via the Slacktivist]
Justice (Civil Liberties, so-called Intellectual Property, Privacy & Secrecy); Politics & Government (International, National, State, Local); Humor (Irony & the Funny or Unusual); Science & Technology (Astronomy, Computers, the Internet, e-Voting, Crypto, Physics & Space); Communication (Books, Film, Media, Music & the English Language); Economics (Corporatism & Consumerism); and Items of Purely Personal Note (including Genealogy, Photography, Religion & Spirituality).